Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum Trailer

Batman: Arkham Asylum screenshotOK, so I'm not exactly the biggest video game fan out there (I'm pretty horrible at them, actually), but this got my attention in a big, bad way. It's the just-released trailer for Batman: Arkham Asylum, the much-hyped and long anticipated Paul Dini-written Batman video game.

Dini was one of the architects of the classic and much-loved Batman: The Animated Series cartoon, so his involvement in a Batman video game is more than welcomed. As all Batfans know, the Big Guy's video game career hasn't exactly been...stellar, shall we say...with lackluster movie tie-ins and some just plain awful titles over the years.

But this one? C'mon, it's Paul Dini! And Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammill reprise their roles as the voices of Batman and Joker, respectively, from the animated series!! Now, I know I've said it many times before, but how could this not be good?

In any case, the game ships this summer, and I have to say, this will be my first non-sports video game purchase in some time.

No comments: