Thursday, March 19, 2009

Couple Things...

A monster mash-up of a post for today, since we haven't done one of these in a while. (Well, that, and because I don't have it in me for a rant-y post this morning).

First off, for all three of you who might be wondering, my graphic novel is still coming along, and the artist is still attached to the project, and he is in the middle of drawing Page 13, as I write this. So, still quite a bit to go, but the publisher is happy with his new found commitment to churning out pages faster, so I'm happy, as well.

The artist is currently only charged with completing pencils and inks, so if anyone out there knows (or is!) a colorist, please feel free to post a comment, and I will get back to you.

But, all in all, the whole situation has managed to settle down a bit, and, like I said, for the moment, I am content with it being in the stage that it is.

Next up, an "in case you missed it" item. Monday night on Comedy Central's The Colbert Report, Exfanding favorite [read: "Alex's favorite" --Ed.] author Neil Gaiman appeared, and the whole bit was very entertaining. You can check it out here.

Another item of Exfanding interest posted on MTV's Splash Page comics site this week, and it had to do with an unlikely crossover comics event. Apparently, The Goon will soon be teaming up with...or is that fighting?...characters from Adult Swim's Metalocalypse cartoon. Check out the just released image:

The Goon in Adult Swim's MetalocalypseNow, sadly, I have to admit that I really have no clue what this means, because I do not watch the show. But, if you're familiar with the show, please do post a comment to give us some details! For now, though, you can read about the crossover right here. And, I'll read anything by Eric Powell, and I'll watch anything with The Goon.

Finally, over on the fantastic blog by comics and cartoon writer, columnist, author, and Convention Panel Host Extraordinaire Mark Evanier, a note that four-day passes for this summer's San Diego Comic Con have already sold out. You can read his take on the matter here. So, if you're planning to attend, well, I'd buy those tickets ASAP.

Recession? What recession?

No comments: