Monday, September 21, 2009

Quick Update

Who knew unemployment could be this time consuming? Between freelance work that I started last week and the (two!) scripts that I need to hammer out by the end of this week, I feel like I'm right back to my crazy work hours.

I'm definitely not complaining about the freelance work, though--believe you me, that's a nice little way to pay for this week's comics. But, that freelance work will dry up by next week, and then I'll be truly and unequivocally unemployed.

My mind tends to wander easily, so not having a steady gig is tough on me. I was unemployed for over a year after I graduated from college, but I filled the time by taking a bunch of post grad classes.

Come next Monday, though, that'll be the Big Test. I mean, I was technically unemployed last Monday through Wednesday, but I had a feeling I'd be asked to do some freelance work fairly quickly. Still, that Monday and Tuesday proved to be filled with enough paper pushing and job applying that I managed to stay (relatively) sane.

Next week, though.

I am not looking forward to that. But, because my mind wanders in all different directions, I plan to keep myself busy applying for jobs, (hopefully) interviewing for jobs, and certainly writing and getting things ready for the launch date of my new comic book series.

Yep, it's getting close to the end of production on issue one of my previously mentioned (here and here) Creator Owned title, and as of this morning the artist has all 22 pages pencilled and inked, and the cover is fully colored.

The rest of the colors should be in by the end of next week, and then it's time to A. Give the pages to the letterer, B. Start the promotion machine, and C. Complete the script for issue two and start in on issue three.

Launch Date is fast approaching, so I will have some news in the next few days concerning the project.

That's all for now, though, as I need to get back to freelancing...

No comments: